Dates to Remember:
- November 2 – Mrs. Duff 4th grade class goes to Taylor School House
- November 3 – Mrs. Freiberg 4th grade class goes to Taylor School House
- November 13 – No Preschool
- November 22 -24 No School – Holiday
- November 27 – No School – Teacher PD Day
- November 28 – PTO Culver’s Night 4 -8
- December 22 – January 2 – No School Holiday
- January 3 – School Resumes
- January 8 – K-2 Hearing Screening
- January 9 – PK Hearing Screening
- January 12 – No School PD Day
- January 15 – No School Holiday
- January 29 – No Preschool – PD Day
Clubs and Organizations
Fisher PTO is a non-profit organization for parents, guardians, teachers, and staff of Fisher Elementary. Everyone is invited to attend meetings to support the students and staff of Fisher Elementary. No dues are required to be part of the PTO. The PTO objectives are to support staff and parents; build shared knowledge and create relationships; and understand, support, and advocate for staff and students.
- Did you know you can follow Fisher PTO on Facebook – facebook.com/FisherPTO
Follow Fisher Elementary on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100094620571683
Drop off and Pick up Times:
Breakfast is available Daily
Enter from Gym doors @ 8am
Preschool: AM 8:10 – 11:50 — PM 12:10 – 2:50
K- 4: 8:20 – 3:20
Please do not drop your child off at school before 8 am.
AM: the bell rings @ 8am and the TARDY bell rings @ 8:20 am. Students here after 8:20 am are marked Tardy
PM: the Dismissal bell rings @ 3:20 pm.
Drop off and Pick up Procedures
Please only drop off and pick up your students in the cutout along Pleasantview before and after school so they can safely use the sidewalk, or park on a side street to walk them up to the doors. Thank you also for continuing to not double park, or park in the BUS ZONE by the little playground, or park across the street to have your child cross through traffic alone. Your continued support in this area will make it safer and smoother for all our students and parents. Please remember cars should NOT be left unattended in drop off and pick up area along Pleasantview. Park on a side street if you want to walk up to the building.
Students with the following symptoms should remain home or may be sent home from school:
· Fever: The child’s temperature must remain below 100.4 degrees for 24 hours without benefit of use of fever reducing medications before they can return to school.
· Vomiting: The child should be free of symptoms for 24 hours before returning to school.
· Diarrhea: The child should be free of symptoms for 24 hours before returning to school.
· Cold Symptoms: Persistent nasal congestion, reddened eyes, sore throat, cough or headaches that disrupt the student’s learning or pose a risk of disease transmission to others.
· Rash: Unexplained skin eruptions or rashes. When in doubt, consult your child’s doctor before sending your child to school.
· Communicable Disease: Communicable illnesses in which you have been advised to remain out of school until cleared to return by the county health department or your child’s doctor.
· Any other health condition that in the school nurses judgment is of concern for the others health and well-being and that of the child.
In a continuing effort to ensure the safety of students and staff at Fisher Elementary, we will be reviewing and practicing the procedures for the various emergency drills including:
¨ Fire Drills: This drill is completed monthly if weather allows. Students are moved away from the building quickly. All students and staff are accounted for.
¨ Tornado Drills: This drill is practiced 4 times a year. Students are moved to designated spots away from windows and outside doors.
¨ In-Place Shelter: This is a procedure we would use if there were a possibility of a dangerous situation in the neighborhood. The outside doors are locked and no one is permitted to enter or leave the building until we know the danger is no longer there. The practice date for this drill is yet to be determined.
¨ Lock Down: If the danger should become a real threat or there is an intruder in the building, we would go into lock down. Students go into the nearest room where there is an adult. Classroom doors and windows are locked. Students are to remain quiet until notified that it is safe. The practice date for this drill is yet to be determined.¨
Evacuation: There may someday be a situation where we need to evacuate the building and know we will not be able to re-enter it that day. We will lead our children to St. Henry’s Church. Parents will be notified as to where their child can be picked up. The practice date for this drill is yet to be determined.
Fisher Food Pantry Site
If your family or someone you know is experiencing difficult times and is in need of some assistance with food, please contact us to set up an appointment. The Fisher Pantry is open between the hours of 9:00 am and 1:00 pm to make your food order and arrange a pick up time, please call 754-1030.
The LAST pick up for the day will be at 2:30 PM
“ This institution is an equal opportunity provider”